extend the lifespan of your vehicle and ensure that faults are identified before they become serious issues.
Types of Servicing
- ideal for drivers who use their vehicle for regular, short journeys.
- An Interim car service includes checks on essentials such as lights, instruments and fluid levels, plus a full tyre & suspension inspection. A visual brake inspection is also included.
- ideal as an annual maintenance programme for your car.
- Full Service, will reduce the risk of breakdown and can help maintain the value of the vehicle.
- Our Full Service includes all items included in the Interim Service package plus a thorough inspection of your engine and a full brake inspection. A major car service also includes an air filter and extensive checks of items under the bonnet including brake, fuel and radiator pipes and hoses, power steering fluid and auxiliary drive belt adjustments (if required).
Type of Service
|6 months or 6,000 miles||12 months or 12,000 miles|
|Check instruments, gauges, warning lights||Yes||Yes|
|Check windscreen wipers||Yes||Yes|
|Check Adblue/Eolys warning light||Yes||Yes|
|Check interior lights||Yes||Yes|
|Check clutch operation (manual only)||Yes||Yes|
|Check seat belts||Yes||Yes|
|Reset service light||Yes||Yes|
|Check climate control/ air con system||No||Yes|
|Check engine diagnostic codes||No||Yes|
|Hybrid system diagnostic check (hybrid only)||Yes||Yes|
|Check exterior lights & lamps||Yes||Yes|
|Check doors – operation and condition||Yes||Yes|
|Check boot – operation and condition||Yes||Yes|
|Check fuel cap – operation and condition||Yes||Yes|
|Check mirrors – operation and condition||No||Yes|
|Pre Alignment Check|
|Check steering, suspension linkages and ball joints for wear, damage and condition||Yes||Yes|
|Suspension – check shock absorbers & springs||Yes||Yes|
|Full tyre inspection (tread, pressure and alignment check)||Yes||Yes|
|Under the bonnet|
|Check battery wiring||Yes||Yes|
|Test electrics (battery, alternator, starter motor)||Yes||Yes|
|Check coolant level (strength and condition)||Yes||Yes|
|Inverter Coolant – strength and condition (hybrid only)||Yes||Yes|
|Visual inspection of high voltage cables for external damage (hybrid only)||Yes||Yes|
|Check brake fluid (boiling point and condition)||Yes||Yes|
|Check bonnet catch operation||Yes||Yes|
|Check brake pipes & hoses||Yes||Yes|
|Check power steering fluid & top up (if required)||No||Yes|
|Check auxiliary drive belt and adjust (if required)||No||Yes|
|Check radiator and coolant hoses||No||Yes|
|Under the Vehicle|
|Visual brake check||Yes||Yes|
|Full brake inspection||No||Yes|
|Check fuel pipes for routing, damage & corrosion||No||Yes|
|Check engine, transmission and rear axle Train Drive||No||Yes|
|Check drive shaft joints and gaiters for wear and damage||No||Yes|
|Check exhaust system and mountings||No||Yes|
|Service Item Replacement|
|Replace engine oil and filter||Yes||Yes|
|Top up windscreen washer fluid||Yes||Yes|
|Replace air filter||Yes|
|Vehicle road test||Yes||Yes|
|Stamp service book||Yes||Yes|
My car was expertly checked and all of the issues were quickly highlighted, i will use J and C again!